Young employees

Exchanges of young professionals between certain countries


  • The conditions

    • Your country has signed a bilateral agreement with France : to see if your country has signed an agreement, please consult the " Special features" section for your country;
    • You are already working;
    • You want to improve your professional, linguistic or cultural knowledge by working in a company in France;
    • You must meet the age conditions indicated in the agreement.

You must prepare an application file and submit it to the "Direction de l'Office Français de l'Immigration et de l'Intégration" (OFII) or its delegation in your country. It must include the work permit application OFII that your future employer sent to the "Direction Territoriale" de l’OFII.

Once your application is complete, the OFII department will pass on your application to the consulate in charge of examining your visa application.

  • Your visa

You will be issued with a long-stay visa, equivalent to a (VLS/TS) residence permit, bearing the statement “jeune professionnel” (young professionnal). You must validate it in the three months following your arrival in France.

Working holiday visa programme

This visa is mainly interned for young people aged between 18 and 30 (and up to 35 years of age in certain countries). The working holiday visa is issued for cultural and tourism purposes but allows you to engage in temporary work in order to top up your financial resources. For more information, please consult the conditions of the working holiday programme.