Visas can be issued for the purposes of volunteering.

There are three types of volunteering : civic service, association-based volunteer work and European Voluntary Service (EVS).

If part of the European Voluntary Service (EVS), you will receive a temporary long-stay visa (VLS-T) marked "Volunteer".

For the other categories of volunteering, different types of visa will be issued based on how long you will be volunteering:

  • If your stay is equal to or less than 12 months it will be marked "Temporary exemption from a residence permit"
  • If it is over 12 months it will be marked "Visitor"